Do you take pictures often? What about the selfie? Do you like them? Hate them? Is the reason you hate them that horrendous double chin? Well, the good news is that you are not alone. There are many people “suffering” with a double chin.
And I know many of my friends position their face in a certain way just so they look good in pictures.Here’s some more good news. What if I told you that you can get rid of a double chin without surgery and without spending tons of money? Bear me with me, and I will show you how to do just that.
The exercise way
- There are two ways to get rid of a double chin. One is the exercise way, and the other is with certain foods and massages. Let’s take a look at the exercises first. They’re simple and they’ll help you eliminate the problem while strengthening your jaw, neck, and chin muscles.
- You can perform the following exercises every day, at any time you find convenient. Make sure to relax your chin and mouth muscles before and after every exercise. You can do that by opening and be closing your mouth gently, which will loosen the jaw.
- Let’s start with the simplest of the chin workouts. Open your mouth as wide as you can, and then bend your lower lip inward. As your pull, the jaw forward, close your mouth. Make sure that every step of the way is slow. This ensures that you engage your chin muscles.
Stick it out
- Face forward, and open your mouth wide. Now, stick your tongue out slowly, counting to five as you do so. Once you’ve reached as far as possible, bring the tongue back into the mouth and count to five while doing it. Repeat the exercise 10 times.
- It sounds like a kiss, and it actually is. So you’ll be improving your lovemaking skills while getting rid of the awful double chin. Sounds like a win to me. Right? To perform this exercise, tilt your head upward, extend your lips and imagine a kissing motion. It’s a simple and very effective exercise that works the neck muscles.
Touch the nose
- In reality, you won’t touch your nose. But you will give it your best effort. The exercise starts by sticking your tongue out. Try to reach your nose with your tongue. To make it more effective, place a finger under your chin, allowing you to feel your muscles.
- This is another simple exercise: all you have to do is look. However, first, you must tilt your head back and look at the ceiling. To stretch your under-the-chin area, push your lower jaw forward. Count to 10 while holding the jaw in that position, and then relax and return to a neutral position. Repeat the exercise 10 times.
- I’m sure you know what resistance is by now. It’s the process of pushing and pulling in opposite directions, which puts pressure and resistance on objects. For this exercise, place both fists under your chin. Push down with your chin while your fists provide the necessary resistance. Hold for five seconds and then release. Repeat as many times as you like.
- Start the exercise by facing forward. Carefully slap your lower jaw using the back of your hand. Be very careful—don’t be too hard or soft on yourself! I know it sounds strange to slap yourself, but it really does help. Slap yourself for about 30 seconds
The perfect oval
- Everyone I know wants a perfectly shaped face. And that perfect shape is the oval-shaped face. But how can you do that? Well, by training your face to be oval. For this exercise, turn your head to one side. At the same time, push your jaw forward. At this point, you’ll feel the extension of your neck muscles and your jaw. Hold this position for few moments, and then turn your head in the opposite direction.
- Start in a standing position and drop your chin forward to your chest. With a slow movement, rotate your head to the left. Hold the position while counting to five. With another slow movement, bring your chin back to your chest. Now, rotate to the right, again counting to five. Repeat for 45 seconds.
- Very similar to the neck roll, but the difference is that instead of stopping when you move to the left, you actually do a full circle. Note: if you can’t do a full circle, then only do the neck roll exercise.
Tongue on teeth
- Stand or sit, it doesn’t matter, but keep your back straight. Now, open your mouth wide. This is an exercise that will help improve your bite as well as eliminate your double chin. Press the tip of your tongue against the inside of the bottom row of teeth. Inhale using your mouth, and while exhaling, try to make that “ahhhhh” sound. Repeat the exercise for one minute, relax, and then do it for another minute.
In and out
- Place your hand on your jaw, but try to make a “V” shape. You can do that by placing the thumb on one side, and the rest of your fingers on the other side. Your thumb and index finger should in the same place on opposite sides, while the other fingers are further back on the jawline.
- Hold your hand in place, and try to press forward by using only the neck and the head. Hold this position for 30 seconds, relax, and then repeat two more times.
- Lie on your back on a bed, with your head hanging off the end of the bed. Lift your head up and toward to your chest. Keep your back and shoulders flat against the bed. Hold the position for 10 seconds, and then slowly return to the starting position. You can repeat two more times.
The food way
- Let’s get something straight here, simply eating certain foods won’t help. However, there are some that help, and some that you can use for a message.
- No, you don’t need to chew an entire package of sugar-free gum. And no, you can’t massage your chin with your gum, as it will stick to your neck. However, what you can do is chew a piece of sugar-free gum; chewing gum will engage all your facial muscles.
- Cocoa butter improves the elasticity of your skin, a key ingredient in eliminating a double chin. Warm a tablespoon of cocoa butter, and then use it to massage your neck and chin. Massage for several minutes two times per day. Always massage your neck and chin before taking a bath or shower in the morning, and before going to bed at night.
Wheat germ oil
- Another ingredient you can use for massaging your neck is wheat germ oil. The difference is you do the message only once per day—in the evening before going to bed. Massage from the bottom of your neck, and then move upwards for 15 minutes. Leave the oil on your skin so it can be absorbed into the skin overnight
- You can prepare a face mask using two egg whites, a tablespoon of honey, a tablespoon of lemon juice and a tablespoon of milk. You can even add peppermint essential oil for maximum benefits. Apply the mask on your chin and neck area, and let it stay there for 30 minutes. Wash your face and pat it dry with a clean towel. Repeat once per day until you see results.
- Milk helps you tone the muscles and the skin around the chin area. In addition, milk nourishes your skin and makes it soft. Apply some milk on your chin, and then massage the area for few minutes. Wash with lukewarm water and repeat 3 times per day.
- If you didn’t know by now, green tea is one of the healthiest beverages you can consume. Rich in antioxidants and healthy nutrients, green tea speeds up your metabolism and keeps your skin healthy. But the most important aspect is that it eliminates free radicals. This slows down the aging process, improves the skin’s elasticity, and takes care of that double chin. So, drink few cups of green tea per day.